The rules are:
1: Pick five fandoms. List them in alphabetical order.
2: Visit this site to find your first RANDOM POEM OF POWER. Write down the 5th line (yes, even if it’s an E.E. Cummings poem and you wind up with an apostrophe). Repeat five times and - you guessed it - list ’em in alphabetical order! (No cheating, mind! This is a challenge and it’s always been about creativity.)
3: I think you can see where this is going. Write a very quick 50-word half-drabble for each fandom (try to do it all in one sitting - make your brain explode!), using the line from the poem as a prompt. You don’t have to include it in the half-drabble - it’s just inspiration.
[3.5: If you don't think this is enough to make your brain explode, follow john_amend_all's example and make the demidrabbles themselves poems. That ought to do it.]
4: Bravo! Have a cookie.
The fandoms were:
2. Diogenes Club
4. Dragons: Riders of Berk
5. Murdoch Mysteries
( The results )
1. Wally West/The Flash (DC Comics)
2. Sandy (Absolute Power)
3. The War Doctor (Doctor Who)
4. Dr Bunsen Honeydew (The Muppets)
5. Jack Dodger (Dodger)
6. Otto Octavius/The Superior Spider-Man (Marvel Comics)
7. Mycroft Holmes (Sherlock)
8. Eddie Watts (That Puppet Game Show)
9. PC Peter Grant (Rivers of London)
10.Gytha "Nanny" Ogg (Discworld)
11.Queenie (Blackadder II)
12.Arnold J Rimmer (Red Dwarf)
13.Lt Cmdr Montgomery Scott (Star Trek relaunch movies)
14.Lobsang (The Long Earth)
15.Fitz Kriener (Doctor Who EDAs)
( results under the cut )
WARNING: "Dodger: Three French Hens" contains SPOILERS.
( Blackadder: A Partridge In A Pear Tree )
( DC Universe: Two Turtle Doves )
( Dodger: Three French Hens )
( Discworld: Four Colly Birds )
( Legion of Super-Heroes: Five Gold Rings )
( Sherlock: Six Geese A-Laying )
( Bleak Expectations: Seven Swans A-Swimming )
( Discworld (again): Eight Maids A-Milking )
( Merlin: Nine Ladies Dancing )
( Doctor Who: Ten Lords A-Leaping )
( Hamish and Dougal: Eleven Pipers Piping )
( The Muppets: Twelve Drummers Drumming )
1. The Shalka Master (Doctor Who)
2. Mr Gently Benevolent (Bleak Expectations)
3. Kyle Rayner/Green Lantern (DC Comics)
4. Reg Shoe (Discworld)
5. Animal (The Muppets)
6. Jonathan Creek (Jonathan Creek)
7. The Laird (Hamish & Dougal)
8. Idris (Doctor Who)
9. Penfold (Danger Mouse)
10. Ollie Queen/Green Arrow (Smallville)
11. Kate Reed (Anno Dracula)
12. Sophia Rivers (Family Bites)
13. Rob Anybody Mac Feegle (Discworld)
14. Elias Vaughn (Deep Space Nine relaunch novels)
15. S. Baldrick (Blackadder the Third)
( Read more... )
The characters were:
1. Rincewind (Discworld)
2. Tenth Doctor (Doctor Who)
3. Jim Moriarty (Sherlock)
4. Gonzo the Great (The Muppet Show)
5. Jamie McCrimmon (Doctor Who)
6. Kryten (Red Dwarf)
7. Death (Discworld)
8. Jaime Reyes/Blue Beetle III (DC Comics)
9. Luke Smith (Sarah Jane Adventures)
10. General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett (Blackadder Goes Forth)
11. Count Duckula (Count Duckula)
12. Tiffany Aching (Discworld)
13. Dr Peter Venkman (Ghostbusters)
14. Professor Bernice Summerfield (Doctor Who New Adventures)
15. Lancelot du Lac (Arthur, King of Time And Space)
( Read more... )
When you see this meme, quote Blackadder in your LJ.
Blackadder: I have a cunning plan.
Baldrick: Is it as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University, but has moved on and is now working for the UN as the High Comissioner for International Cunning Planning?
Blackadder: ... Yes.
Baldrick: Ooh. That is cunning.
Back And Forth wasn't the lads' greatest endevour, but it did have its moments.